Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
EDDiscovery
27-11-2014, 04:30 PM
RE: EDDiscovery
I made some improvements to EDDiscovery.

On travel history tab:
* Can filter history by time last 24 hours, week, month, all.
* Result in a grid view. Easy to select and copy without time for example.
* For known stars it shows the jump distance

Route tab.
* More speed optimizations.
* From and to field has autocomplete from known systems.

Settings should survive upgrade from one version to a never now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2014, 04:56 PM
This thing is great, Finwen Smile I got yesterday's version and it worked like a charm once I'd pointed it at my netlog folder. I'll get this version when I get home from work and try it out.

One thing that would be really handy (and I have no idea how much of PITA it would be to do) is to be able to reverse the order that the route history comes out in.

27-11-2014, 05:08 PM
(27-11-2014 04:56 PM)Gibbonici Wrote:  One thing that would be really handy (and I have no idea how much of PITA it would be to do) is to be able to reverse the order that the route history comes out in.

Its in in this version.

The datagridview control has sorting. Just click on time header and you can sort it forward or backward.

You can sort on system name to and see you popular systems...
27-11-2014, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2014 06:14 PM by PhilHibbs.)
This looks like an great idea. What we really need next is a system to automate the collation of the data, and search for systems that no-one has visited yet. Of course this would require a complete list of all systems to compare against.

Cmdr Sharky.
27-11-2014, 06:41 PM
Can't get it to work... Can't seem to point it in the right direction.

[Image: nOR8U6R.jpg]

[Image: XGKHRLC.png]
27-11-2014, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2014 07:47 PM by Mysturji.)
Looks awesome!
I'll download it when I get home. Thanks Smile

Edit: Does it work retrospectively? i.e. will it report on systems I visited before I installed it?

It's my delusion
That science has proven
That atoms are only illusions
But everything else is real.
27-11-2014, 08:27 PM
This is really outstanding, Finwen! Are the star coordinates saved in the netlog, by any chance? This would be a huge boon for the map making I'm doing. Right now, I'm having to just estimate the coordinates from the galaxy map. If EDDiscovery could automatically log the coordinates along with the name, that'd be a great help. Here is a map of the region around Aulin that I made with AstroSynthesis. The larger the dot, the "closer" it is to your eye (in the z axis):

[Image: AulinSubsectorSm.jpg]

I'm also planning to do a more stylized map (probably isometric) showing just the route of our expedition.

Great work!

Gryff

[Image: FGESig-Dropship.png]
27-11-2014, 08:30 PM
(27-11-2014 08:27 PM)Gryffin du Verd Wrote:  This is really outstanding, Finwen! Are the star coordinates saved in the netlog, by any chance? This would be a huge boon for the map making I'm doing. Right now, I'm having to just estimate the coordinates from the galaxy map

No.

You want to look at http://edstarcoordinator.com/ , note the API info for grabbing the data.

This was seeded with some initial data provided by Michael Brookes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-11-2014, 12:47 PM
I installed this last night and it's really useful. Is there any way to get the data out other than select, copy, paste?

Cmdr Sharky.
28-11-2014, 12:55 PM
EDSC (http://edstarcoordinator.com/) is down now and it gave some problems fpr EDDiscovery...

EDDiscovery tries to update data once every day from EDSC.
If it cant get data the new version will try to use a backupcopy. If no backupcopy exist i use data frpm RedWizzard instead. RedWizzard has 20171 systems now but with some systems that is removed after gamma release. Like shama...

EDDiscovery takes some extra time to start now then EDSC is down.