Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
THE STAFF GROUP HAVE DECIDED TO DISBAND
27-01-2017, 10:06 PM
RE: THE STAFF GROUP HAVE DECIDED TO DISBAND
A sad day indeed! I understand the situation, being the admin of a forum myself. Sites all over are being turned into ghost towns by the likes of Facebook, unfortunately.

Both my CMDRs are out in the black; not something I had originally intended. So I've been unable to offer my fair share of support to IGER in game. That's my own fault, and I freely admit that.

This group is what got me to fall in love with ED properly. The hard work and dedication of the staff here has shown us the beauty of what ED can be. A spirit of cooperation and support, without the need to offer up "a pint of blood and sweat" in tribute. A home, or just a shelter, for us wanderers. Goals to strive for, separate from the "daily grind" talked about on the Frontier forums. A filter for the toxic behaviour that threatens to force decent players out of the game.

I'll always have fond memories of the expeditions I took part in, and hopefully we will always be comrades.

Fly safe CMDRs. May your tanks always have one more jump, and your scanners filled with ELWs.

[Image: EliteDangerous%20Signiture_04_2.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2017, 04:25 AM
(27-01-2017 10:06 PM)AndySpawn Wrote:  This group is what got me to fall in love with ED properly.

This. Smile

Honestly, you guys are some of the best and kindest people I've met. I never expected to get involved much when I first joined but somehow I always felt motivated to try to help and contribute. Probably because I saw how much hard work and dedication the staff put into the group. But also because you were kind - accepted me - and made this feel like a home.

I wish I could have been there for some of the earlier expeditions, maybe gotten to know some of you better. Hell, I feel like I've barely met any of you in-game. But back when we took over Chhal, that's when I realised how much more fun ED is with other people, and when you have a group - a faction - to fight for. That's when I truly fell in love with ED and the FGE.

And even though we are disbanding, I will always consider myself a proud explorer of The First Great Expedition. I hope to see you out in the void some time. But until then, I hope you all take care and stay safe. Both in real life and in-game.

o7

[Image: 04122326b2.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-01-2017, 11:13 PM
ED got me back into PC gaming after 10 years with the promise to finally do space exploration.

I just did the least needed trading to get me setup for exploration. And after getting into it i naturally joined up with FGE as CMDR Bosko.

Even my altCMDR Honey Sweet that i planned to keep in the bubble for non-exploration game play ended up at Colonia supporting FGE in the Colonia Visa CG. And of course doing a lot of exploring Wink

Having RL interfering big time with my game time i understand the decision made.

I still look forward to meet some of you in person in the future.

Farewell and explore save out there in the black!

Bosko, FGE / Honey Sweet, FGE

Gesendet von meinem Pixel C mit Tapatalk

Heinkmann Interstellar LLP
Deepspace surveying, prospecting, mining and trading
Honey Sweet Heinkmann & Bosko T. Heinkmann
Suite III-248, Ring A, Kippax Ring, HIP 72043
Find all posts by this user
20-04-2017, 06:00 AM (This post was last modified: 20-04-2017 06:05 AM by Hellhawk.)
Well - I step out of the room for, err, several months Blush and look what happens. It's understandable and time.

The best moments for the FGE will, for me, always be those early stages in beta, gamma and initial release when things were flakey and we had to do everything by the seat of our pants. When a short hop out to Maia or the Coalsack with a dozen mates was a big deal, and the navigation was not much more than 6 jumps at a time.

Pioneer days - pioneer guys. A heartfelt thank you to Gibbonici for inviting me onto the founding staff team, to Wishblend and Corbin Moran for stepping up to the plate and keeping us running for so long, and to all the rest of the staff and membership who contributed so much to this motley assortment of free spirits and loonies who call themselves "explorers".

One day, some day, in a bar on the far-flung reaches of civilization I hope we may cross paths again, and as we reminisce over our drinks in a quiet corner and the young bloods wonder who the old farts are, a friendly barkeep with a long memory might say:

"Have a little respect, lads - they're FGE. Where they went, everyone else just followed."

[Image: OJZOymS.jpg]
Find all posts by this user