Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
In Game UI Side Panels & TrackIR5
25-08-2014, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2014 07:35 PM by Hellhawk.)
RE: In Game UI Side Panels & TrackIR5
(25-08-2014 04:32 PM)madbad3k Wrote:  Many thanks for the profile - it plays a little easier with it - still get the twitchy side panels though.
Do you use your profile in one:one mode for all the axis?
or smooth, fast or slow (drop down options in axis / template )?

No problem. The template settings are just guides for setting up new profiles - other than that they don't matter. If you wanted to characterize my profile in terms of the templates it would be "fast-smooth", I guess. Turning the head laterally is set for a very large effect almost immediately, then it drops off to very little. The idea was to make the side-panels snap open with very little movement. I should actually look at it again as I havn't tweaked the profile since I set it up ages ago. If I come up with one that works better I'll pass it on to you.

(25-08-2014 04:32 PM)madbad3k Wrote:  I take it there is no way to use Voice Attack to overcome the 'closing UI panels' when using TrackIr (as its hardcoded into ED) ?

Unfortunately not.

(25-08-2014 04:32 PM)madbad3k Wrote:  I've seen Youtubes of VA in ED opening side panels and then doing multiple macros in them ie = powering down / up several systems etc
So would have like to have done that too?

You can still set them up, but you have to keep looking at the panels, which is a pest.

(25-08-2014 04:32 PM)madbad3k Wrote:  Last query - (sorry getting my money's worth Angel) is there a keyboard shortcut to open the Galaxy map - as i have to lock my head left and scroll all through NAV panel before I get to it (quickly before it flickers off!!)? I been looking for tutorials for it - but not seen any yet - I dont find it that helpfull (so prob not using it correctly) - it seems more 'presentation over substance'. I find Slopeys BPC much better in planning travel from A to B, and it isn't even a map!
[/color]

No Angry. It's one of my pet gripes. Funny you should mention it, I posted this just today: http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread....post704996

[Image: OJZOymS.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2014, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2014 06:42 PM by Hellhawk.)
RE: In Game UI Side Panels & TrackIR5
(25-08-2014 04:32 PM)madbad3k Wrote:  ...
I take it there is no way to use Voice Attack to overcome the 'closing UI panels' when using TrackIr (as its hardcoded into ED) ?
I've seen Youtubes of VA in ED opening side panels and then doing multiple macros in them ie = powering down / up several systems etc
So would have like to have done that too?

I just picked up a tip from the main forums today and I can confirm that it works.

Make a VoiceAttack command "Left panel". Put two lines into it:

keypress F9
keypress 1

F9 is the pause command for TrackIR, which puts it into suspend mode. 1 takes me to the left panel (your binding might be different). This focuses the panel squarely in the screen and you don't have to hold your head tense to stop it disappearing. The slight downside is that it takes TrackIR a couple of seconds to enter pause mode, but having used it for a while tonight I find it worth the hassle to not have the menu disappear all the time.

To close the panel make a command "Close left panel" with the commands:

keypress 1
keypress F9

This closes the panel and starts TrackIR again. Closing it happens quickly, it's just pausing it that takes time.

Make a similar pair of commands "Right panel" and "Close right panel" to control the right hand panel.

It is very important that you close the panels by toggling their opening key again - ie open the left with "1" and close it with "1". Don't close the panels by pressing "2" to go to the HUD because this is not actually closing the side panel - you are just not looking at it. If you do this you will find that none of your HUD controls will work.

Note however that if you go to the galactic map, when you close it you are automatically back at the HUD view with TrackIR off. To get around this make a new command "Resume track i r" or "Resume hud" with the single command "keystroke F9".

Hope this helps with the neck strain - I'm finding it useful.

[Image: OJZOymS.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply